Tuesday 5 May 2009

The Veg Garden - the saga continues

So MCD has planted out the cavolo nero seedlings - it's rather peculiar. Some of them have simply panted once, gasped for air and thrown themselves sideways on the soil in seeming despair at leaving the sunny harbour of the kitchen windowsill; some have taken it bravely on the leaf and stood up a little straighter, putting their stems into it with all their might; one has lost its head completely - why? how? - and a few haven't quite made up their minds. Such vacillation in the veggie garden.

However the lettuce is looking rather ravishing, as is the rocket, but my sorrel has been mysteriously - yet not completely - munched, which is terribly irritating - the leaves aren't even big enough to use yet - and can i find any slugs or snails...? none to be seen.

The runner beans have gone in today, wigwammed into a bucket - apparently we can't go wrong with those, they're child's play, easy-peasy - we shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI MCD is also "kids" slang for McDonalds. Not sure if this is happy coincidence or not but let's roll with it. There are many similarities between the erstwhile hubby and Ronald McDonald but you'd have to be a braver man than me to point them out. You want me to? No I can't. What I'm a big wimp if I don't? Cmon give me a break. You'll tell my secret if I don't? What secret? Oh that one. Ok. Both have big red hair (I will never get over the pictures of the curtains), love junk food (despite moving up in the world-Ronald McDonald is essentially running a billion dollar corp yet still hepped up on cheeseburgers whilst Matt manages a property empire driven mainly out of ambition to buy a future where he sits down all day eating) and penchant for nice comfy all in one suits (comfort is key to dictators, Mussolini loved nothing more than a nice all in one).

One last thing to ponder...would Ronald McDonald had quite the same reach to children had he been sniffing snuff wildly and sneezing over kids instead of delivering really salty cheeseburgers with an array of fun characters like the hamburgler, who was essentially nothing more than a burger thief. I think not.

Rich.